Opportunities for Volunteers and Student Interns
One way to become involved with Renewal House is to offer a donation. Both financial and material donations are accepted.
Monetary contributions may be made by:
- Sending a check made payable to Renewal House and mail it to 3 Chapel Street, Canton, New York 13617,
- Justgive.org offers a free online donation function to enable our donors to give online. You can now make your donation to Renewal House by visiting their website www.justgive.org. Type the words Renewal House in the "Find a Charity Search Box" at the top right. Choose the St. Lawrence Valley Renewal House for Victims of Violence link and follow the donation directions, or
- Go back to our Home Page and click on the "Donate Now" purple button in the upper left corner, this will take you directly to the our JustGive donation page.
Material Donations May Include
Material donations may include personal items, baby/children needs, kitchen items, health care items, and/ or linens.
- Personal care items - shampoo, conditioner, toothpaste, toothbrush, soap and deodorant,
- General supplies - cleaning products, laundry detergent, toilet paper, paper towels, tissues, light bulbs, batteries, trash bags,
- Bath and kitchen towels, bedding (twin), pillows and crib bedding,
- Kitchen items,
- No-perishable foods for the pantry,
- Adult and children's underwear, socks, sweatpants, pj's,
- Winter items such as hats, mittens, and boots,
- Games, toys, puzzles, and art supplies,
- Gift certificates or gift cards for long distance phone calls, gas, grocery stores, or department stores, and/or
- Over the counter medications (please be sure to check the expiration date).
All donations are publicly recognized unless otherwise mentioned.
Please also remember that all donations are tax deductible.
Thank you for your support!
What if Renewal House earned a penny every time you searched the Internet? Or how about if a percentage of every purchase you made online went to support our cause? Well, now it can!
GoodSearch.com is a new Yahoo-powered search engine that donates half its advertising revenue, about a penny per search, to the charities its users designate. Use it just as you would any search engine, get quality search results from Yahoo, and watch the donations add up! GoodShop.com is a new online shopping mall which donates up to 37% of each purchase to your favorite cause! Hundreds of great stores including Target, Gap, Best Buy, ebay, Macy's and Barnes & Noble have teamed up with GoodShop and every time you place an order, you'll be supporting your favorite cause. Just go to www.goodsearch.com and be sure to enter Renewal House as the charity you want to support. Please, be sure to spread the word!